Women's Summer Online Powerlifting Mock Meet!
Time & Location
About the Event
A-Team Athletics is officially hosting our second Online Women-Only RAW Powerlifting Meet!
This meet is sponsored in part by SPUD Inc., Garage Gym Life Media, and A-Team Athletics
As of 7/20/20 we are closing early registration, all tickets will be available through 7/27 with an additional $5 late fee. Spectators will be able to purchase tickets at $8.
Communications will be via e-mail. Please provide an e-mail that you will check regularly and add Melissa@AteamAthleticsOnline.com to your contacts.
Registration will be limited to 60 lifters.
Judging will be based on the squat, bench press, and deadlift and will be judged LIVE via Zoom!
Each lifter will be assigned a flight by time-block.
Flight A: 9AM - 12PM
Flight B: 12PM - 3PM
Flight C: 3PM - 6PM
Flight D: 6PM - 9PM
Directions: 1. Register for your event(s) & division(s): - Events:
- Full Power. Squat, Bench, & Deadlift totals will be combined.
- Single Lift. Highest successful lift for the squat, bench, and/or deadlift
- Multiple Events and Divisions. Each lifter may register for as many events as they qualify for.
- First event and division is $25. Each additional event is $15.
- Lifters aged 18-39 can join up to four (4) events: Full Power, Squat Only, Bench Only, and Deadlift Only. First event is $25 and each additional event is $15, for a total of $70 if you'd like to compete in all events (optional).
- Juniors, Masters, and Seniors can join up to eight (8) events: Open Full Power, Open Squat Only, Open Bench only, Open DL only, as well as Full Power, Squat Only, Bench Only, Deadlift Only for their age category. First event is $25 and each additional event is $15, for a total of $130 if you'd like to compete in all events (optional).
- You must register for your projected weight class, but you will be placed in the class that you weigh in at with no penalty.
- You must submit your projected openers during weigh-ins. You may change this prior to your lifting session (within 20 lbs.)
- Weigh-ins will be held the day before and will be done via video chat on July 31st, 2020. You will be emailed to schedule your weigh-in at your preferred time on a first-come first-served basis.
- Juniors, ages 17 and below, 125 lbs and below. Must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- Juniors, ages 17 and below, 125.1lbs and above. Must be registered by a parent or guardian.
- Open, All Ages, 125 lbs and below
- Open, All Ages, 125.1 - 155 lbs
- Open, All Ages, 155.1 - 185 lbs
- Open, All Ages, 185.1 - 205 lbs
- Open, All Ages, 205.1 lbs +
- Masters, ages 40 and above, 155 lbs and below
- Masters, ages 40 years and above, 155.1 and above
- Seniors, ages 60 years and above, 155 lbs and below
- Seniors, ages 60 years and above, 155.1 and above
2. Rules & Judging below:
Rules: - You must comply with standard powerlifting rules and regulations for executing lifts, including commands.
- You may use bluetooth headphones in order to connect to your phone or laptop so you may hear the judge's commands. Optionally, you can have a spotter call commands for you. It is recommended to have an experienced spotter-- If your spotter calls commands incorrectly, it will be considered a missed lift.
- You may dress in gym clothes; be aware of clothing bunching and making the lifts hard to judge. You may wear a singlet to assist judges in rating your lift. - You may wear a belt, lifters (heeled shoes), knee sleeves, wrist wraps, and any other items approved for raw competitions. - You may NOT use elbow sleeves (except during squats), knee wraps, supportive underwear/suits, supportive shirts, a slingshot, straps, or gloves.
- You will be required to be in a well lit area. If you are lifting in your garage gym, the camera must be pointed toward you from the outside in.
Live Videos: - Must include lifter's full body, as well as the barbell and weights. If the barbell is partially cropped, the lift will not count. If the lifter is partially cropped the lift will not count. - Prop the camera up at about knee or bench height (approximately 16-18" off the floor). - Camera must show the entire barbell. If the lifter or the weights are blocking the barbell, the lift will not count.
For the squat, if the lifter is facing "12" position on a clock face, the camera should be at either the "4," "5," "7," or "8" positions. For the bench press, if the lifter's head is in the "12" position on a clock face and tail is at the "6" position, the camera should be at either the "4," "5," "7," or "8" positions.For the deadlift, if the lifter is facing the "12" position on a clock face, the camera should be either at the "1," "2," "10," or "11" positions. Please view this document for images of the proper positioning of the camera.
Each plate on one side of the bar must be clearly shown after the lift is executed by walking toward the barbell and separating the weights. Second attempts must be provided at the end of each lift. You will have 60 seconds to provide your next attempt.
Weigh in: - The lifter must weigh-in the day before the competition. We strongly discouraging "weight cuts" for this meet. We are here to have fun!
- Each lifter will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and will be provided 5-10 minutes to complete their weigh in.
- You will be required to wear minimal clothing such as shorts and a sports bra. You may also wear a t-shirt.
- You must show that your area is clear. You must tare your scale on camera, step on, and show your weigh in for the record.
- If you are over your registered weight class, we will bump you up into the next class, but you won't lose your registration. If you are within 1 lb above your registered weight-class, you will be allowed to prop up your phone and minimize your clothing in order to make weight.
Judging: We will be judging based on standard powerlifting rules.
Squat must be walked out (even if you use a monolift), and you must show control before squatting. - Hips and knees must be locked out at the start and end of your lift - It is the lifter's responsibility to demonstrate proper depth (hip below the knee joint) - No up/down movement is allowed - Must demonstrate proper control prior to re-racking the weight - Spotters must not touch the bar or the lifter.
Bench press must be executed with a brief pause to show control. - Must demonstrate proper control during unracking and re-racking the weight - The lifter's butt may not come off the bench at any point of the lift - You may use a spotter for lift-off, but their hands must completely clear away from the view of the camera - Any contact with the J-hooks, uprights, or spotter-arms will be considered a failure - There may be no up/down movement.
Deadlift can be executed either conventional, or sumo-stance.
- Deadlift must be locked out at the hips and knees
- Lifter must show control prior to placing the bar down
- Lifter may not drop the bar. The bar must be placed down in a controlled fashion
- There may be no up/down movement
- Straps are not allowed. However, the lifter may use chalk on the hands and baby powder on the legs
Winners: (TBD) - There will be a winner for each age group and weight class for each division (up to 44 winners)
- The winners will be determined by a panel of judges
- In the event of a tie, the lifter with the lower body weight in each category will win the category
- The lifters with the highest wilks score for Juniors, Open, Masters, and Seniors categories will receive awards (up to 4 overall winners).
- Winners may be shared on social media platforms.
Good luck and have fun!
**Before starting any exercise program you should be cleared by your doctor regarding any health conditions or illnesses. You agree that by participating in this challenge, you are participating at your own risk. A-Team Athletics reserves the rights to use your submissions in any marketing or promotional events, on social media, websites, or otherwise.
- Spectators' Ticket$8$80$0