Mon, Aug 17|
Online Powerlifting Mock Meet!
Powerlifting Women's very first every online powerlifting mock meet. Join us, have fun, and win some prizes!!!
Time & Location
Aug 17, 2020, 1:20 PM
About the event
A-Team Athletics is officially hosting our first Online RAW Women-Only Powerlifting Meet!
Open NOW and will stay open until March 31, 2020 at 11:59PM
Submit your videos at any point from now until Sunday, April 5th at 11:59PM ET
Judging will be based on video submission on the squat, bench press, and deadlift.
1. Register for your event(s) & division(s):
- Full Power. Squat, Bench, & Deadlift totals will be combined.
- Single Lift. Highest successful lift for the squat, bench, and/or deadlift
- All Ages, 125 lbs and below
- All Ages, 125.1 - 155 lbs
- All Ages, 155.1 - 185 lbs
- All Ages, 185.1 - 205 lbs
- All Ages, 205.1 lbs +
- 40 years and older, 125 lbs and below
- 40 years and older, 125.1 - 155 lbs
- 40 years and older, 155.1 - 185 lbs
- 40 years and older, 185.1 - 205 lbs
- 40 years and older, 205.1 lbs +
2. Record & Submit your videos. Rules & Judging below:
- You must comply with standard powerlifting rules and regulations for executing lifts, with the exception of commands.
- You may dress in gym clothes; be aware of clothing bunching and making the lifts hard to judge. You may wear a singlet to assist judges in rating your lift.
- You may wear a belt, lifters (heeled shoes), knee sleeves, wrist wraps, and any other items approved for raw competitions.
- You may NOT use elbow sleeves (except during squats), knee wraps, supportive underwear/suits, supportive shirts, a slingshot, straps, or gloves.
- Must include lifter's full body, as well as the barbell and weights. If the barbell is partially cropped, the lift will not count. If the lifter is partially cropped the lift will not count.
- Prop the camera up at about knee or bench height (approximately 16-18" off the floor).
- Camera must show the entire barbell. If the lifter or the weights are blocking the barbell, the lift will not count.
For the squat, if the lifter is facing "12" position on a clock face, the camera should be at either the "4," "5," "7," or "8" positions.
For the bench press, if the lifter's head is in the "12" position on a clock face and tail is at the "6" position, the camera should be at either the "4," "5," "7," or "8" positions.
For the deadlift, if the lifter is facing the "12" position on a clock face, the camera should be either at the "1," "2," "10," or "11" positions.
- Each plate on one side of the bar must be clearly shown after the lift is executed by walking toward the barbell and separating the weights.
- The lifter must weigh-in once before or after a lift is executed (your choice of lift). Since we are workout out at home, grab your scale and put it next to your rack! We strongly discouraging "weight cuts" for this meet. We are here to have fun!
- All clothing must remain on, with the exception of equipment and shoes (you may take off your knee sleeves, belt, etc.).
- Show that you tared the scale, step on the scale, and have someone zoom in on the number so that it is clearly visible.
- If you are recording yourself, you may prop your camera up, weight yourself (your whole body must be visible in the video), and then grab your camera and turn in around to show your weight.
- If you are over your registered weight class, we will bump you up into the next class, but you won't lose your registration.
- Upload your video to youtube, instagram, or some other 3rd party platform and submit it in our Powerlifting Women's Facebook group under our event thread once it is posted.
- You may alternatively submit your videos via e-mail to Melissa@AteamAthleticsOnline.com with a link to each video.
- Title or Caption your video with your first name and the first two letters of your last name as it appears on your registration, as well as the lift, and the total weight for the lift in lbs. Example: MelissaAv_Squat_315.
- You may submit your attempts up to THREE Times for your name to be added to the leaderboard.
- Each "attempt" may be on different days. If your opponents beat you, this gives you a chance to redeem yourself!
We will be judging based on standard USPA rules.
Squat must be walked out (even if you use a monolift), and you must show control before squatting.
- Hips and knees must be locked out at the start and end of your lift
- It is the lifter's responsibility to demonstrate proper depth (hip below the knee joint)
- No up/down movement is allowed
- Must demonstrate proper control prior to re-racking the weight
- Spotters must not touch the bar or the lifter
Bench press must be executed with a brief pause to show control.
- Must demonstrate proper control during unracking and re-racking the weight
- The lifter's butt may not come off the bench at any point of the lift
- You may use a spotter for lift-off, but their hands must completely clear away from the view of the camera
- Any contact with the J-hooks, uprights, or spotter-arms will be considered a failure
- There may be no up/down movement
Deadlift can be executed either conventional, or sumo-stance.
- Deadlift must be locked out at the hips and knees
- Lifter must show control prior to placing the bar down
- Lifter may not drop the bar. The bar must be placed down in a controlled fashion
- There may be no up/down movement
- Straps are not allowed. However, the lifter may use chalk on the hands and baby powder on the legs
- There will be a winner for each age group and weight class for each division (up to 40 winners)
- The winners will be determined by a panel of judges
- In the event of a tie, the lifter with the lower body weight in each category will win the category
- Each winner will receive an award that will be mailed (up to 40 winners)
- The lifter with the highest wilks score for the open category (all ages) and the masters category (40+) will be given an award as well as a $100 gift card (2 winners).
- Winners may be shared on social media platforms.
Good luck and have fun!
**Before starting any exercise program you should be cleared by your doctor regarding any health conditions or illnesses. You agree that by participating in this challenge, you are participating at your own risk. A-Team Athletics reserves the rights to use your submissions in any marketing or promotional events, on social media, websites, or otherwise.